Monday, May 4, 2009

Heros v.4

I had the opportunity to spend the afternoon with these two ladies not long ago while I was at District Coucil in Fairbanks. Jane Shebal (on the left) is a wonderful friend. She and her late husband Leroy have been people I have valued as friends since I was very small. Leroy was a big game guide in the days before Alaska statehood. He was someone I idolized as a kid. He lived the life I would have loved to live. Many of his hunting ventures are captured on a film titled, "This Is My Alaska". Jane and Leroy also established a scholarship fund through Northwest University which helped my son, Scott get through school as well as many other students through the years. Their faith in God, their generosity to others and their love of life make them heros to me. My life has been blessed by them! Dena on the other side of me in the picture is also someone I have known as a friend and admired for many years. She has been a pastor's wife and now for many years the owner of the Bible book store in Fairbanks. It is a wonderful place to spend some time as there are many wonderful things to ponder. I bought three books while I was there.... Dena has experienced difficult challenges through her life and met each one with faith, courage and perseverance. She is a tremendous example of what a Christian should be. Dena is also a hero in my life. I am so glad to call these ladies my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be interested to have your comments!