Saturday, May 2, 2009

Heros v.3

This is another one of my heros, Ted Baker, Sr. Ted is another one of the men whom I considered my friend as a kid. Ted has lived in Fairbanks, Alaska for many years and I look forward to seeing him when I visit there. Ted was always bigger than life to me, he did all of the adventures of hunting, flying, fishing and what not in Alaska that I wished I could have done. I did get to go on a memorable trip with him and my dad and brother to Chitna, Alaska to dipnet salmon out of the Copper River. It was a great adventure. One of the elements of that trip was the trailer we were towing that held a large cooler to put our fish in, became disengaged from our truck and ended up zooming past us on the road as we were driving! It quickly skidded off the road and tumbled in the brush. The hitch was ground off but other than that, the trailer wasn't badly damaged amazingly. I had every confidence that between Ted and my dad they they could figure out how to attach that trailer to the truck so we could finish our journey, which they did. Ted's also had a "swamp buggy" which was sort of a half-track vehicle Ted had put together that my brother and I were convinced could go anywhere, over brush, through creeks, in the mud, it was amazing and fun to ride on. Ted is also my hero because of his commitment to his Christian faith. He has lived through some adversity and yet still loves the Lord very much. God bless you, Ted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be interested to have your comments!