Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Preacher's Day Off

I have made a commitment to post to this blog at least once a week to keep it current and worth coming back to. I am a little later than usual as my summer (like yours) really heated up this past week with activity. This past Monday, I had the great privilege to spend the day fishing for halibut with two other Assemblies of God pastors. Pastor Mike Rose from Juneau and Pastor Greg Newell from Homer. What a day the Lord gave us! I have to admit the seas were a little choppy in the morning, by noon, the sun had burned throught the fog and it was warm and calm. Fishing for halibut in t-shirts is a fine thing to do on a day off! I was blessed with two really nice fish, one a "30 pounder" and one in the 60 pound class. It was a great day in several respects, the weather was wonderful as I have already mentioned, we were able to reach our limit of fish easily and with nice sized fish, and most of all, the chance to fellowship with two other preachers who are also great friends is a rare occasion indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be interested to have your comments!