Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Catching Up

Wow. I feel as if I have been through the wringer. I haven't been sick as I have been this past week in a long while. My wife, poor thing, had it worse than I, but I only pity her because of my love for her as I suspect she was the carrier of whatever bug that bit us. So, I didn't keep my goal of at least one post per week last week. I am sure there are legions of heart broken fans.

I did preach this past Sunday, I wasn't sure my voice would hold out, but with lots of help from others in the service, I was able to preserve my voice enough to preach my message. The weakness of my voice was incentive to keep the length of my message shorter which I am sure was appreciated by many.

By the way, my wife who was feeling too sick to attend church Sunday morning was able to watch via the internet through our church website. I am finding the internet webcast to be more and more amazing with the people it is reaching. We have had people watch our service while on vacation, at home sick, as visitors checking us out before they walk through the doors, and former members who live far away and like to keep in touch. Too amazing, too easy and too simple to not do. Technology opens some interesting doors.

I was also thankful that we had scheduled the Marriage and relationship seminar for this past Sunday and Monday evenings. Not only was the material presented in a very entertaining and humorous way, but the material was shared in a very effective and practical manner. The material that was presented is material that I have not heard shared before. It was important and needful information that the church needs to know and to share. We had a fun but important time the two evenings, the turn out was really great too.

Thanks for checking out my blog, I apologize I am not adding much this week. I hope to be back on task for next week's installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be interested to have your comments!