Saturday, November 28, 2009

This week's blog will no doubt be a hodge podge of different items, it has been a varied week for sure. First of all, this past Sunday, it was a pleasure to make the acquaintance of Andrew Kirya from Uganda. What a gentleman and a fellow brother not only in the Lord, but in the great family of the Assemblies of God. It was an incredibly wonderful feeling to hear him preach the same biblical truths that we believe. Wow, the Assemblies of God is truly a worldwide organization. What a great privilege to meet someone in this life I would normally never have the opportunity to meet until heaven. Just another great reason to anticipate going there!

As many people did, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. It was the first time ever that JoLynn and I were all alone for this particular holiday. Brad was in Montana with Jo's family and Scott and Brittani were with Brittani's family in the Seattle area. Phone calls and "texts" kept us up on their activities. It helped with not having them home. However, we were not really alone as we were invited to share the day with some wonderful friends. As I surveyed the wonderful food spread out before us on the counter it was an incredible feast! I then thought how many times is this being repeated around our country today? Millions of times! What a blessed nation we are! What abundance and plenty and extravagance we enjoy. Not only food to keep us alive, but delicious, wonderfully prepared meats, vegetables, breads and treats. Not only food, but beautiful place settings and warm homes and wonderful people to share it all with. Thankful? How could we not? God is so gracious and good to us.

As the day wound down, there was the inevitable curiousness of what special "deals" were in the offing for "the day after Thanksgiving shopping". As I perused the ads that also came in abundance I was taken with the feeling of amazement of HOW MUCH STUFF there was advertised that I neither needed nor wanted! Amazing! I did end up going on a special errand on "Black Friday" to one of the big box stores to pick up some things for the church. However, I slept in, took my time to blow the snow off the driveway and then go into town. I was smiling at how relaxed I felt walking up and down the isles not anxious in any way, visiting with lots of people and enjoying myself very much. I was in a fairly short line and out before very long. What a great day.

I am reminded at how God as blessed us in amazing ways, friends, family and the things we both need and enjoy. This week was full of such things and I am thankful to be connected to the family of God, our church family and our family. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be interested to have your comments!