Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Remember to Pray

1 Tim. 2:1-3 (NKJV)
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, [2] for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. [3] For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,

I was privileged to attend today the Soldotna Chamber of Commerce luncheon where our governor, Sarah Palin was there to sign bills passed by the legislature into law and to announce the state's new attorney general. It reminded me that we continually need to pray for our governor. Recent vicious, crude and ugly attacks upon her by David Letterman as well as other media figures remind us that the very same values you and I hold are the very same values Sarah Palin is being attacked for. If it was you or I in her place, we would receive the very same treatment for what we believe.

There was a very long line afterwards to speak to the governor, so I did not take the time to wait, but if I had, I would have told her that we are praying for her. I would ask that you would pray for God to lead, guide and protect her and her family. It is not often that we, people of faith, have such a friend in a place of high authority. We need to remember how valuable this is to us as we "lead a quiet and peaceable life" that we enjoy so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be interested to have your comments!